The stalking of the Mouflon
The mouflon of Mediterranean origin was introduced into Pyrenees in the 60s. We do not find it on the whole mountain range but where it is present its population can be very important.
From part its extremely distrust and evolving in rocky biotopes, the hunting at the approach of the mouflon is a part of the most difficult.
Its hunting is practised in mountain at heights varying from 800 to 1200 meters.
The best period goes from October till November, period of the rutting season.
But afterward, the snowfalls can make go down mouflons, and the end of season can be full of surprise with the taking of beautiful mouflons stayed up to there out of sight.
As for the conditions of hunting, they can evolve according to the environment and to the weather report. A good equipment of ride made up of shoes of mountain, warm clothes and breathing and of a backpack is strongly recommended.
The day of hunting gets organized in the following way; the hunter is got back before the day rise in its accommodation and transported on the zone of hunting with the vehicle of the guide.
Then, the hunter and his guide leave for the zone of hunting on foot.
Sectors are more or less easily accessible and the difficulty of the hunting will be adapted to the physical condition of the hunter.
The hunting are made in the day and the lunch is pulled(fired) by the bag.
The proposed accommodations adapt themselves to the schedules of hunters.
The schedules of the dinners will be to determine with the persons in charge of the accommodation.
- Period from october till February 15th
- Hunting every day
- Temporary validation 3 renewable days or 9 days
- Department: 09 and 06
- Advised calibres: 270, 270 wsm, 280, 7*64, 7rm, 300w
- Bow 50lbs mini. Blades of hunting
- Possibility rent of rifle: Cal 270win or Cal 30.06 riflescope Zeiss 3-12x50 and silencer
- Mountain clothing in silent material preferably camo, backpack 20 to 40 liters for spare/snack/water, hiking shoes, gaiters only so silent to friction