top of page
The stalking of the Chamois Pyreneans
The Chamois Pyreneans is an endemic wild species of Pyreneas in south of France and represent to her alone the image of the hunting in mountain in Pyreneas.
The most convenient periods for its hunting are situated during the rutting season which extends of the middle of October at the end of November.
Its hunting is practised in the approach in mountain at heights varying from 800 to 2200 meters.
Zones the highest of meadows of height are favored in the beginning of season. Then, the rigor of the winter advancing, the populations of Chamois being taken to come down more low, are then zones woody bases who are favored
As for the conditions of hunting, they can evolve according to the environment and to the weather report. A good equipment of ride made up of shoes of mountain, warm clothes and breathing and of a backpack is strongly recommended.
The day of hunting gets organized in the following way; the hunter is got back before the day rise in its accommodation and transported on the zone of hunting with the vehicle of the guide.
Then, the hunter and his guide leave for the zone of hunting on foot.
Sectors are more or less easily accessible and the difficulty of the hunting will be adapted to the physical condition of the hunter.
The hunting are made in the day and the lunch is pulled by the bag.
The proposed accommodations adapt themselves to the schedules of hunters.
The schedules of the dinners will be to determine with the persons in charge of the accommodation.
- Period october till february
- Hunting every day
- Temporary validation 3 renewable days or 9 days
- Department: 09 and 11
- Advised calibres: 270, 270wsm, 280, 7*64, 7rm
- Bow 50lbs mini. Blades of hunting
- Possibility rent of rifle: Cal 270win or Cal 30.06 riflescope Zeiss 3-12x50 and silencer
- Mountain clothing in silent material preferably camo, backpack 20 to 40 liters for spare/snack/water, hiking shoes, gaiters only so silent to friction
bottom of page